Monday 28 November 2011

Late blogging

Here I am. It‘s 11:50pm and I‘m on the last tram back to the share house (stylistic note: I refuse to call it “home“; my home is with my wife and girls). I‘ve been at the office cooking up a fiendishly technical defence to a County Court matter. If I do it right, this one will give the plaintiff no end of headaches.

Still, I‘m kind of disappointed at how easily I‘ve slipped back into the “work stupid hours“ groove. I thought I was less two dimensional than that. I guess I was wrong.

I need to be more disciplined about my hours. Working hard is great, but I want to be a husband and father who is more than just Mr work/eat/sleep/repeat.

I feel good tonight. Which makes no sense given the hour. Still, I‘ll take what I can get. Life is beautiful.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment