Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Nomination? For Me?

Hi everyone

How's everyone going?  It's been a big day here in litigation land - a judgment in the County Court at 10am (we lost) followed by protracted - and ill tempered - negotiations in another matter at the Magistrates Court till 3:30pm.  There was quite a late lunch, and I didn't get my first coffee of the day in until  4pm.  Torture I tells yer...

Anyway, I'm double-stoked that Amy from One Creative Procrastinating Gal nominated me for (drum roll please!) the -

 
 
The rules are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Write eleven things about yourself.
3. Nominate eleven promising bloggers who have less than 200 followers and tag them in your post.
4. You have to give them eleven questions to answer.
5. You should not tag back.
 
 
11 Random Things:

I've been in my new job for about 4 months now, and for the first time in my career my office doesn't look like it was trashed by an angry orangutang.

I really like breakfast cereal.  Discovering my work supplied it for free felt like winning the lottery.

I understand French reasonably well and fairly often read Le Figaro over lunch.

I went to New Caledonia on a school trip in 1994 and have thought about it countless times since.  I'm almost scared to go back, though, for fear of spoiling my memories.

I keep trying to persuade myself to read fiction and failing.  I haven't read a work of fiction (that's if you don't count the newspapers) after being pressed to take English Literature in 1995

I've always had a fascination with science, particularly physics, astronomy and archaeology.  Naturally, I became a lawyer.

Maps fascinate me.  Hand me a street directory and I can be entertained for hours.

I'm persuaded that there is no food that doesn't improve if you add chilli to it.

I love to write - this was originally why I started blogging, although the focus has shifted a bit since.  The things I can't get published wind up on my wordpress site (link at the right)

I know that people probably think I'm a bit weird or (which is worse) creepy for blogging like I do.  I try and ignore this, which may or may not be prudent.

People fascinate me.  Not in a stalker kind of way, but I'm endlessly intrigued by how people make sense of the world.

 
Now, onto the 11 questions from Amy (who declares herself to
 
 
1. How long have you been blogging?
 
A bit over a year.  I originally began it to showcase the writing I was doing, and it kind of drifted to more of an electronic diary.
 
2. What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
 
I've made a couple of  great friends through blogging.  Some of you know it's been a bumpy road these last 12 months and I've learned (yes, learned) how much it means to have people who have your back.
 
3. Best Quality?
 
Perseverance.  I find I can usually keep pulling myself up off the mat, although sometimes it takes longer than others.
 
4. Worst Habit?
 
Nobody can hold a grudge like I can.  It's not an attractive quality: nobody should still want to settle scores from high school twenty years later.
 
5. Favorite thing to drink?
 
Alcoholic? Rum.
Non Alcoholic?  Sweet tea.
 
6. The thing you dislike doing the most?
 
Part of my job - disputes over pre injury earnings.  Mind numbing, fiddly disputes over numbers.
 
7. What are you a sucker for?
 
Book shops
 
8. Guilty pleasure?
 
Going though an entire jumbo pack of cheese cornchips in one sitting.
 
9. Favorite flower?
 
White rose of York - for some of us, the Wars of the Roses will not be over until King Richard III's name is cleared!
 
10. What is YOUR talent?
 
Loyalty to people.  Does that count?
 
11. Books or movies?
 
Books - anything by Bryan Greene at the moment.
Now, my turn to share:
 
My 11 nominees:
 
  Heather at Chasing Butterflies
Leelee at Heartland Girl
Kristi at Kentucky Girl
 
 
My 11 ?'s:
 
1. Why did you start blogging?

2. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
 
3. When and where would you live if your options were unlimited?
 
 4. Complete this sentence: "The world would be a better place if ..."
 
5. Comfort food of choice?
 
 6. Preferred sandwich filling?
 
 7. Favourite place to be on a Friday evening?
 
 8. Complete this sentence: "The car I drive is ..."
 
 9. What are you looking forward to?


10. Coke or Pepsi?
 
 11. Last book you came into possession of?
 
Congratulations to all nominees!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, thank you for the nom. I've been kind of down on blogging lately since I had to make it private. I'm going to do this though. Fun!

    ReplyDelete