Tuesday 30 October 2012

Tired Tuesday

Hi everyone,

Starting this post on the tram and expect I'll finish it on the laptop.

Lordy but I have been tired all day.  Not brain tired, fortunately, but physically tired in the sense of “it's a good thing this shirt has a collar because otherwise I don't think I could hold my head up".  Even multiple coffees and fresh fruit didn't give me much of a lift.  I think it's just the combined effects of yesterday's run, the last annoying remnant of a cold, and not sleeping so well last night.  Anyway, a few stretches and a good night's sleep is what I need.

The last thing I did before finishing work today was pack up my office. No, I haven't been sacked! But for reasons too complex to type by phone I have been asked to move to another office so someone else can have mine. Suffice it to say it's not a disciplinary or punitive move. But it does mean I go to an internal office and lose my view of the Yarra River. >snif!<

The high point of the day was Joni sending me a video of Rachel, which I watched once ... than then kept hitting replay 3 times.  I miss my girls so much.  They were doing their own little Halloween last week - A Night at the  Boo-seum", and Rachel was going to be Dorothy and Grace Tinkerbell.  It's so cute, but it makes me ache too, because I'll never get to be part of their lives like I hoped I'd be, and get to be the father I thought I'd be, and there'll be something missing from their childhoods that they'll never know, and this breaks my heart.  Surely, surely this is too high a price to have to pay because for once in my stupid life I wasn't able to cope?

I guess not.  God forbid that there should be a burden in the world I cannot shoulder.

To love in this situation isn't easy, not at all.  At least it's straightforward.  Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment