Sunday 21 October 2012

Updating by tram

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been e-communicado the last few days.  No real excuse apart from being terribly busy and sleeping erratically.  So, this is the update!

Saturday I did a bunch of laundry before heading into town to get fixings to make up a costume for an early Halloween party that night; also to go to the office to catch up on some work. Productive day.

The party was given by a friend of mine from the old new job. I kind of think I went too far with my costume: as in, went way past "Halloween scary" to "genuinely macabre", so I don't think I‘ll post photos of me unless there's overwhelming public demand. The function itself was a barrel of fun: a fleet of Jack Sparrows, a forest of gorillas, a full coven of witches, and one guy whose costume was a giant hand flipping the bird!  Two of my friends from the old job and the Bar who are a couple (but who seem to think nobody knows they‘re a couple - we all do!) are an Indian-origin guy and a Malaysian-Chinese girl ... naturally they came as a pair of Amish people!  What I found genuinely interesting though was this: the friend who invited me (viz, the host) is with a Colombian girl, a lot of whose friends are Colombians, Venezlanos and Mexicans who live here, and a couple of the Mexicans came dressed as they would for the Day of the Dead, which I found fascinating.


Sunday was, I'm afraid, almost all spent at the office. Again, not glamourous but sadly necessary.  It was double-late when I left, so dinner was from Hungry Jacks, which was kind of a guilty pleasure and also reminded me I need to start running again!


This morning I have a hearing on which raises a few thorny issues.  Naturally I've come prepared: I've got my alligator cufflinks that I wear when I need to eat someone alive in court


And, can I add this?  One of the advantages of having friends who are girls is that you pick up a bunch of information which, as a guy, is usually inaccessible.  Like how to clear up intractable skin.  I know what you're thinking, and yes, I do still have a Y-chromosome.  However, I've had breakout-prone skin since I was 12 which is (a) unsightly and (b) bloody uncomfortable, expecially by Fridays when I've dragged a razor across it 5 evenings on the trot.  I learned of something that's damn nearly fixed it (and if I start using Mach 3 razors instead of the cheap ones, will probably fix it altogether).  Again, will share if there's overwheming public demand.

OK, time for me to get to grips with the day.  The Saints beat the Buccaneers this morning, so I'm off to a flying start!

See you this evening






 

No comments:

Post a Comment