Wednesday 31 October 2012

In which I get a smaller office and leg it

Hi everyone,

Rattling off a quick post for the evening in between writing the latest piece (legal this time, rather than historical).

Well, I'm now ensconced in my new office.  Sadly, my beautiful window over the river will just have to stare out of itself.  The new office is about half the size of the one I was in, which is a nuisance.  Although on the plus side, it only has one neighbour - a terribly nice South African lawyer called Phillip - which means I should be able to have the radio on during the day.  This is great: I think better with some plainchant or Thomas Tallis playing, so it's kind of a win.

The day was a catch up day, together with being asked by one of the partners if I could put my "prolific writing skills to use" and draft up a "what it all means" memo concerning a recent piece of legislation on civil procedure.  Personally, I think it does some alarming things to the law of evidence.  So, that's a fun little project that I should be able to rattle off and that might morph into an article all its own.

In the evening I went to the Blood Bank for a plasma donation and while I was there completed the paperwork and gave the extra blood samples to go onto the bone marrow donor registry.  It occurred to me while I was doing this that I'm a blood donor, a plasma donor and now registered as an organ and bone marrow donor.  When I snuff it,  I might not get an obituary so much as a notice on eBay!

Went for the usual 4.5 mile run up to St Mary's in Coburg when I got back to the casa - I figured it'd be OK as the blood bank put all the actual blood back, and I'd drunk gallons of water which should make up for the missing plasma.  Anyway, I made the run in good time and without collapsing so clearly all was well.

OK, definitely time to finish this paragraph and get some sleep.  So many things a man can do - why are there only 24 hours in the day?!?

See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment