Sunday 28 October 2012

Sunday

Hi everyone,

It's been a quiet Sunday, and sadly it's been spent stuck at the office again. This time for an advice I was planning to crank out tomorrow, until I was asked to help out a double-booked colleague by running a Magistrates Court matter for him. So, I've done the advice today and tomorrow I'll probably ask my secretary to prepare the material to serve on the other side.  I say 'probably' because her work tends to be pretty sloppy and the last few times she's done something for me, she's done it so badly it took me as long to fix it as it would have done to do it myself from scratch.  Still, I mentioned this problem to the partner-in-charge last week and this might be a good way to segue into some performance guidance.


I read a really awesome blogpost the other day over at Figuring Out The Plot about the need to dream big.  It‘s kind of topical for me given the whole failed marriage situation, in a "God closing a door and opening a window" sense. That is, one road in my life has been closed off, presumably so that I have to take another.  While I'm taking that extra road, I might as well make it something awesome.  I could be jaded about this except, when I look at where I am now versus where I was at the start if the year, I can see that being let go from the last job was, truly, a blessing in deep disguise! Anyway, in line with the "dream bigger" theme I decided to sign up for my first semi-competitive run, the Sunday Age City2Sea.

 

Now, I know this isn't exactly quitting my job and going to live in a yurt on the Mongolian steppes, but it's surely something I've never done before.  It's 14kms, which I've done before but which is near the limit of my longest runs. And it's two weeks from today. You may assume that bright and early tomorrow I'll be pulling on the Nikes and cranking the iPod. Need to get into training!  I should add that it has the bonus of letting me do some fundraising for Autism Victoria, which some of you will know is a cause dear to my heart.

Aside from signing up for 14kms of pain, the day was, as I said, office based.  For my sins I failed to get along to Mass.  I eventually finished the advice and tidying up by about 9pm and got some groceries on the way.  Sandwiches for dinner.  Fortunately this should be a relatively quiet week so things should get back to somewhat normal.

See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment