Monday 27 February 2012

Guild night Monday

Hi everyone,

Well, it's been a busy Monday.  It was raining all morning and positively pouring on the way from the tram to the office.  I was busy in the earlier part of the day preparing for case reviews with my boss at 10:30, which when they got underway took till a bit after Midday.  The new way of capturing information from summonsed records is working so far, so that's good.  A little fine-tuning is needed, and I need to figure out to how get the typists to do them in dictation, but it's still showing a ton of promise.

Ther afternoon was a bundle of tidying up, plus a quick check-in with Peter re how I'm travelling.  I'm feeling much much better than last week.  Even, dare I say it, energised again.  Encouraging!  I just hope I have enough time to show them I can come good.  I look at the great people I work with, and I hate to think of crashing out of it all because I wasn't up to it. 

This evening I went out to the meeting of the Arms Collectors Guild.  Chiefly because both me and Dad are members, and it's a chance to catch up with him.  It's one of those things where you kind of grumble about going to it until you get there and you remember why you enjoy it.  Kind of weird, I guess.  Dad's doing well.  He and Mum have acquired the new place near Shepparton, so he's looking forward to that venture.  That's great - he'd go made without a project to tackle.

We had dinner at the meeting and then I headed back here.  Shave, teeth brushed, and now blogging.

I miss my little girls tonight.  Joni put up on FB about how in the morning she hears them over the baby monitor talking to each other - sometimes words, mostly just babbling, but also laughing and singing.  I miss my little family.  Still, they're getting the sort of start in life there we want them to have, so if we need to be apart for a bit longer to make sure that's a reality, then I can stomach it.  I just hope that when they're old enough to know I was away so long, they understand that it was because their mommy and me wanted what was best for them, and this was how we could give it to them.

OK, it's just after 11pm and I need an early night.  Lot of work to tackle tomorrow so an early start is a necessity.  Wish me luck!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment