Wednesday 1 February 2012

The box has left Anchorage!

Hi everyone,

It's not quite 1am, but it's close and tomorrow will be massive, so this will still be a bit short.  Sorry.

Well, the best news of the day came by email at about 11am: The birthday box has been cleared from customs and had left Anchorage!  By 6pm it was at Memphis, and by 11pm it was at Kenner in New Orleans.  So, the girls will get their presents on their birthday!!!  As you can tell, I'm pretty stoked that the universe dished that up even if it did it by means of a heap of customs hassles.  It's the girls' "over there" birthday tomorrow, so I'll check with Joni that it's cool to call them at lunch and say happy birthday to them too.  Hopefully so.

Today was another day spent running the hearing that's been on my plate all week, this time with lay witnesses.  Some bumps in the road but nothing unmanageable.  Tomorrow will be, as I said, massive: This hearing is still running tomorrow for at least another half day (final witness still has to be cross examined), and I have another hearing starting in the Magistrates Court as well, and another hearing starting tomorrow, and tomorrow sending one of our trainees to do two fairly fiddly directions hearings for me in the County Court.  I'm sure you can guess why dinner was coutesy of Hungry Jack's tonight!

OK, it's 1am.  I'm going to log on, post this and turn in.

Hope all's well with you - see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment