Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tuesday Evening with the Sixteen

Hi everyone,

So it's been an interesting day.  Well, interesting might not be the word.  Full?  Busy?  Not sure.  I had no court or meetings today, so I could focus on getting work done.  The "issue matrix" system has proved its weight in gold today: On two files I had a total of about 1,500 pages of medical records to go through.  Usually this would have taken the better part of the day and generated a massive and patchy memo of questionable value.  Now: 4.5 hours total and data that's accessible.  How in the name of Cookie Monster did it take me ten years to figure this out?  Well, possibly not being at risk of unemployment had something to do with it.  On that note, the next meeting re performance management is next Wednesday, so that's some more breathing space I have.  Good.  I can still win this.  Peter's probably right: fundamentally I'm probably ill-suited to being a lawyer.  But for the moment it's the only job I have, and I don't much care for the idea of being a cleaner again (a job I last had when I was 18).

There was a lunchtime seminar today on negotiation.  Useful.  And included a free lunch courtesy of the firm.  Score.

I worked back a bundle of hours this evening for obvious reasons.  Although it worked out OK in a way.  First, it was reasonably productive.  Secondly, it's easier to do since I took my old radio in.  ABC-FM was doing a live broadcast of The Sixteen from the Melbourne Recital centre, so that was the best accompaniment I could have wished for.  Me, a file, and the sounds of the Italian renaissance.

Not much else to report.  Haven't heard from Joni today, but FB tells me she's doing OK.  I hope so, at least.

Court tomorrow.  I have a depressing feeling the matter will run.  It's crappy case from the plaintiff, and if it runs, they should actually lose, but things being how they are I have no desire to be stuck in Court for 2-3 days.  I'll post tomorrow as to how it went. 

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment