Sunday 12 February 2012

Untitled Sunday

 Hi Everyone,

Sunday night, and an update before bed.  I hope you've all had a good day; I surely have!

I slept well last night and was up in enough time to sort out some financial issues before skyping with Joni and the girls.  That part of the day alone was great.  The girls are so adorable, and clearly smart as whips.  Joni took them to the paediatrician through the week.  Grace is as fit as a small Mallee bull, but a little lighter than Rachel (which was always the case).  They checked and Rachel's hearing is fine, so they'll keep an eye on her speech issues to make sure there's nothing else to be concerned about.  Unfortunately Joni hasn't heard anything about the job she interviewed for.  Well, something will turn up I know.  The girls got the cutest playhouse from Nanny C, and Grace especially seems to have made it her castle!

After skyping I headed in to the office.  It was a productive afternoon, although on a new file I read this afternoon I made the depressing discovery that we've already lost the fight.  That is, the insurer didn't make its decision in time and so the claim is deemed accepted.  So, we've already lost the fight on liability.  On the plus side, though, the plaintiff appears to have massively exaggerated their injuries, so a little judicious lawyering has prospects of effectvely neutralising the claim.

I got the few groceries I need for the week at the Coles at Southern Cross Station.  I also got exercise...  You see, I walked down from my office to the supermarket (attached, as I haven't posted them before, are a few pictures of the office tower I work in), and duly trawled around and picked up the bread rolls, sausage meat, razors etc etc that I needed, plus a few things to have dinner at the office, and made my way to the self-checkout.  I'd checked everything through and then discovered I'd left my wallet at the office.  All I could do was look embarassed and ask if the shop assistant could keep my bag of groceries behind the service desk, and then schlep back to the office, get my wallet, schlep back to the supermarket, pay for the goods and then go back to the office.  How many calories does a couple of blocks walk burn up?!

I left the office a bit after 9pm (photos herewith of the view at night tonight, plus a streetscape from near the office) and came back here.  I traded a few FB messages with an old friend who sought some general legal advice in a family issue on the way.  Once I got here I made my sandwiches for the week and had a shave, shower and cleanup.  This should be a good week to shine at work.  Let's watch what we can do!

Hope you all have a good day.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment