Thursday 9 February 2012

It‘s been a cufflink day!

Hi everyone,

Well, here I am on a late night tram again. Not because of a crisis at the office or anything; I just kind of was in a good space to do things so I kept going.

As I say in the title, it‘s been a cufflink day. I woke up this morning still feeling energised and decided to feed the mood, so I wore one of the nicest office shirts I have (blue and white vertical stripes with a white collar and cuffs) with, obviously, cufflinks (pictured). They‘re a set I‘m rather fond of, because they were a gift from my mother-in-law. The cliche about mothers-in-law is most untrue in my case: put it this way, I once told Joni that any time she didn‘t want her mum I‘d happily adopt her. Joni replied that there was a long, long queue of people ahead of me!

So I got to work a bit early, and in ample time for the directions hearings today in the Magistrates‘ and County Courts and attended to them smoothly.  Then back to the office for multiple case reviews with my boss which I also performed well in (I think).

I had more case reviews in the afternoon with my other boss and think I did Ok there too. Otherwise the day was heavily spent catching up on work and also trying to coax plaintiff lawyers into early settlement discussions, with varying levels of success (which is absurd since I was ringing up and essentially saying: I am in a position to give you and your cluent money; talk to me).  A lot of the files probably will only settle at the door of the court, but oddly, I was finding still others today that are closer to settlement than I‘d remembered. So, swell!

[Insert break for me to get back to the sharehouse, have dinner and get into bed]

I‘m so pleased the good state of mind has stuck around. I feel like I can‘t recall ever feeling before. I guess you‘d have to call it confident, and unafraid. Is this how normal people feel, most of the time? I can‘t remember ever feeling like this, although I suppose it must have happened. Anyway, I‘ll take it!

Ok, it‘s bedtime. Please find attached a couple of pics from the office and surrounds for fun.

See you tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment