Tuesday 14 February 2012

Tuesday ... from the office.

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's kind of late and I'm blogging this from the office.  Not out of any form of martyrdom; I stayed back a bit to work on a file and time kind of got away on me, and I'm going to post from here because I'm not sure how much juice my aircard has left on it.

So today's been a good day.  Amazingly my diary was entirely clear!  So, I was able to settle a defence that's been bugging me, wade through a coronial finding in another matter that pretty well snooker's the plaintiff claim (in my opinion), get a couple of briefs out and drill through an insurer file as well as a bunch of letters and other bits and pieces.  Not an exciting day.  I wasn't, for example, wrestling a crocodile or looking into how to take something before the High Court, but it was productive and my desk looks a bit less chaotic.

I traded a few text messages with Joni after lunch and suggested that it might be good if I call the girls to say good night, since my lunch hour and their bedtime more-or-less overlap.  I haven't heard back; I think the last message postdated Joni's own bedtime!  So we'll see; I'd like to do it if it works from her end.

As I said, I wound up late at the office.  It kind of happened this way: By 6:30 I was feeling kind of brain-fried and not focussed, so I decided to get some fresh air and exercise in the form of a walk to the supermarket near the office.  This led to me getting a couple of dollars worth of food to have dinner here, which then slid into me blogging at the office at 10:30pm.  Not that it's a problem.  The sharehouse is only a short tramride away and all I need to do is shave and iron a shirt and turn in.

So there you have it: my fairly unexciting day, I'm afraid!

Hope all's well with you as well.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment