Friday 3 February 2012

Hooray for Friday!

Hi everyone,

So on the night when I'm not obliged to be in bed in order to be at work tomorrow, I'm up till nearly 2am.  Go figure.

It's been another big day.  I headed down to the Magistrates Court this morning for a directions hearing and to check that yesterday's matter was bedded down and settled.  The directions hearing went fine, although the next stage is more delayed than one would have desired.  It may be the plaintiff's solicitor and I can work together to expedite the matter; we'll see.  Yesterday's matter had in fact settled.  So, I spent part of the morning meeting with counsel at court for the matter this morning.  I tried to run the matter by remote control from the office but in the end needed to go back to the Court.  Anyway, it settled and on acceptable terms.

I spent the afternoon getting back on top of the work from the week.  Friday night drinks spilled over into drinks at Slate (whence the photos), followed by a few more drinks with some folks from Deloitte and with the solicitor to whom I was opposed in the directions hearing this morning.  Kind of annoyed with myself, as I spent more tonight than I intended to, for no reason apart from being social.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Going to bed now.  I'd hoped to go to the folks this weekend, but tomorrow I just want to do nothing to do with work, and then go to the office Sunday.  Not sure about all this.  We'll see.

Hope all is well with you.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment