Thursday 2 February 2012

Multitasking Thursday

Hi Everyone,

The day was, indeed, massive.  It's nearly 1am (again) so God willing I'll keep this short.

So I got into the office about 8:30ish and arranged signoff on the defence I redrew yesterday evening.  I had a quick briefing session with the trainee who was going to attend the County Court for me, and headed down to the Magistrates Court to be there at 9:30am.  I found the employer and barrister for the matter to start today, and then also caught up with the barrister and employer witness for the matter we hoped to finish today.  The following 7 hours were spent in and out of the court for the matter that was finishing and frantically instructing, while also hastily conferring with counsel and getting instructions in the other matter, and giving guidance by phone to the trainee at the County Court.  I'm kind of pleased with myself: I kept all the balls in the air at once, didn't drop them, or panic, or even really screw up in any major respect (I hope!).  Moreover, I managed it without having had a coffee, or a break, and when my food intake consisted of a glass of water and a Pristiq.

So, Yay me!

I sent Joni a FB message in the morning to see if this would be a good evening to call the girls for their birthday.  I didn't hear back, so I'm guessing the girls were arcing up at about bedtime and didn't need the extra stimulation.  On the plus side, the birthday box got to the 'hood today, but there was no-one home at her parents' place to sign for it, so presumably they'll try to deliver it tomorrow.

Tomorrow will involve bedding down the settlement from today and also starting a new matter in the Magistrates Court, and a Directions Hearing as well.  Hopefully all is well.  I had a phone call with counsel at about 10pm tonight re the matter tomorrow and generally reassured him as to strategy.  Pretty sure it'll go OK.

OK, it's definitely bedtime.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment