Monday 11 June 2012

Back in the City

Hi everyone,

Posting this from my phone; apologies if it‘s shorter than it should be.

It‘s been a good day, with more in it than yesterday. In the morning Dad and I headed over to the leased property at Mt Martha to check on the cattle there.  A large tree branch had come down across a fence, and one of the steers was loose and had to be got back in. It was gratifying to know I can still handle cattle. I‘m not sure about the Mt Martha property. Dad thinks it‘s great, but to me it seems to be constantly waterlogged and to have irredeemable fences, although slightly above average grass.  Some pictures are below.

By the time we got back to the home place Fran and Michael had arrived, so it was good to see them. Lunch, then Dad, Michael and I headed back to Mt Martha to repair the damaged section of fence.  When we got back Michael and I cut up a load of wood (he cut, I stacked). By the time all that was done, the day was almost out. Dinner was roast lamb (heavenly!). Some TV with the tribe, and then I got on the road.  I was back in town by about 11pm, ironed some shirts and had a cleanup and now, turning in.

So there you have it: my Queens Birthday weekend. It‘s been great to see everyone again. Too bad we couldn‘t skype (I tried Joni whenever I was online), but at least Friday evening isn‘t too far away.

Oh yes, and one of the cousins was in the Queen‘s Birthday Honours list! C.
is a world war two veteran who was awarded the OAM for services to military veterans. It‘s surely very well deserved!

See you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment