Tuesday 5 June 2012

Horizontal update

Hi everyone,

It‘s been another good day.  Well, it started off a bit rocky, with me oversleeping and being 30 minutes late for work, but after that it got itself together.

The morning was busy, with a lot of procedural stuff. Lunch was supplied at a seminar the firm put on. And a chunk if the afternoon went in a meeting with an employer whose matter is on next week.

I left the office about 8pm and came back to the Casa. Went for a run (4 miles in 39 minutes) in the cool evening air. This included a truly bizarre moment where a guy asked me for change as I jogged past and when I shook my head, he actually broke into a run beside me and maintained his sales pitch for about 400 metres. I swear, if I‘d had change in me, he‘d have had it. He earned it!

At 11pm I did an interview by phone with a lawyer in the US who has a leadership role with a certain public policy organization for use in a short article I‘m scoping out. Most informative and helpful. I‘m pleased with myself over that: usually I‘d have chickened out and given up. But now, I just got on with it and it worked great.  What is this solid thing behind my ribcage? Is it perchance a backbone?!?

And now, bedtime (viz, put this phone down and sleep).

Hope it‘s a good day for you too.

See you tomorrow 

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy. I would have freaked out if some random guy had started jogging with me. Thank God he gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - it was just kind of surreal, and I was at that stage where I couldn't really speed up and outrun him for any length of time. I just kept the ipod cranked up and felt hugely relieved when his sunglasses fell off and he stopped to pick them up!

      Delete