Monday 4 June 2012

Like, wow!

Hi everyone,

I had my game face on this morning, and boy-o-boy did it pay for me.  I'm tired as hell and about to crash, so this will be a somewhat shorter post than it ought to be.  But by way of dot points -
  • Four mentions in the Magistrates Court this morning.
  • A County Court hearing where I had multiple balls in the air at once (government authority, employer, solicitors and counsel representing another employer, and the solicitor and counsel for the plaintiff, and of course our own barrister), failed to drop any of them and steered us to a favourable resolution.  I could never have done that before.  The negotiations took from 10am to 4pm, and I was completely knackered by the end of them.  As in, no longer had the intellectual energy to prepare the settlement letters which will need to be my first job tomorrow.
  • I came back to the Casa early (well, by 6:30pm) and even though it was raining, I kept my Juneathon vow and went for a run to St Mary's and back.  Running in inclement weather is better than I thought it would be - you're automatically cooled down and as your legs and lungs start to protest, the rain is the least of your concerns.  The weather was only a factor when I turned around for the Casa-ward leg and found myself battling a stiff headwind.  Hot shower as soon as I got back though.
  • I got an email today saying that one of my articles comparing a certain area of American and Australian law had been accepted for publication in a US law journal!  I was absolutely stoked, and emailed Joni straight away with one word: "OMG!".  I am seriously pumped about that!!!

So there you have it, my day in dot points.

OK, bedtime.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great day for you! Awesome job. Seriously make me feel like a huge slacker. I haven't jogged in weeks, more than a month. Congrats on your journal article. That's amazing! Seriously OMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Heather! Don't feel too much of a slacker though - it's only 6 days into Juneathon and my legs are saying "we need an evening off pal"!

      Delete