Saturday 9 June 2012

From sitting up in bed

Hi everyone.

Well, here I am, typing this on my laptop at my parents' place.  I'm down here for the Queen's Birthday long weekend.

Today was a little quiet.  I did a few things at the Casa in the morning, and went to the office to draft a letter of advice in a matter.  I'd have left it till next week, except I need to be able to send it off by midday Tuesday, and I'm expecting that I'll probably be stuck in Court for a big whack of Tuesday. Anyway, I got it done by about 4:30 and then called here to say I was on my way.  I was thinking about going for a run at St Kilda on the way, but Mum had mentioned that she and Dad would hold off on dinner till I got here, so I decided to go straight through, apart from stopping at Mentone to get some groceries Mum had wanted.

Things here are good.  Mum and Dad both look healthy, and Mum seems much more her old self, with her usual edge.  I find that oddly relieving!  Dad'd been all over creation in the last week or so with the cattle, and it seems there will be fencing tomorrow.  Well, I need the exercise!

We weren't able to skype last night as Joni had to work a half day, so we'll see what can be done to find another time this weekend - all should be well.

OK, that's it.  Well, apart from being able to boast about something - getting an invite at work from some of my colleagues.  Nothing fancy - just "hey, let's all go and get a big feed of Korean barbeque next Thursday".  But I like just feeling like "one of the folks".  It always feels a little strange, but in a good way.

OK, that really is it.  Bedtime.  A proper night's sleep out here, where the only sound is a car occasionally going by and the odd fox barking, is just what the doctor ordered.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment