Sunday 4 December 2011

A Habsburg Brain?

A quick update at lunchtime.  Although I might not post it till after work.  We'll see.

It's been a good morning for my head being erratic.  An old stuff-up is bringing itself to light again.  And I stuffed up in court this morning a bit as well (a point I should have taken and didn't).  I tried using the new ways of thinking I've learned from the head-shrinker to deal with this sort of thing, but the sneering voices inside my head kicked in with the pretty-well-unanswerable "Yeah, you would say that, it's a way to feel good without having earned it" and even the more reasonable voice chimed in with "surely that sort of forgiveness is too easy isn't it".

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't literally hear voices inside my head.  Schizophrenic I am not.  I say voices as a means of describing the different strands of thought.

Having nuked my own line of psychological defence, a bunch of other thoughts began to swarm through.  Among the highlights was the phrase "(You are a) Turd-filled husk".  There were other thoughts (some objectively worse) but that was the only one that was at all creative.

OK, time to make a cup of tea and pull myself together for the afternoon's work.  I just wish I knew whether I'm actually being not-normal or whether everyone feels like that and I'm just being melodramatic.

I guess I'm just a bit sick of my brain.  Like the Habsburg monarchs, it seems neither to learn anything nor forget anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment