Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Day

This will be a quickish entry, probably.  I'm having a quick bite of lunch at the sharehouse before heading to the parents place.  Lunch itself is nothing fancy - just some rolls and mayonnaise and cheese, and the BBC World Service is on the radio.

Mass at the cathedral was beautiful last night.  About an hour and a half service with choir and organ and incense.  Really worth going to.  The Cathedral was packed and because of the weather, quickly became stiflingly hot.  One poor girl near me fainted partway though the liturgy of the Eucharist, so I helped her outside for some cool fresh air.  I hope she's OK today.

It's been a quiet morning here.  I slept in a bit and got up and had a shower.  I got to skype with Joni and our girls.  Mrs T looks great - her hair was doing this flowing thing it does, and I even think she's lost a bit of weight!  And our girls were just cute - I'd give my right hand to be able to kiss their little cheeks and foreheads today.

There was a moment with a little sting in it this morning too.  You remember ......................
.........................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................

I guess I should get on the road for the parents' place and catch up with my little sister and her fellow.  And get Mum and Dad's skype up and running so I can see the girls and Joni on the big day.

Hope you're all having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment