Sunday 25 December 2011

Chez Famille

Well, so far I've been at the parentals' place for about 5 hours, and I'm just saddened.

The house smells of smoke and something bad down among the stumps.

Dad and my sister's partner are as thick as thieves, to the exclusion of everyone else. 
My little sister's said partner seems to trest her like she's "the help".

And Mum has been a ball of reflexive negativity, and when I set up her skype for her so she could see (say) Joni, and Joni's folks, and her own freaking grandchildren, she seemed to view it primarily as a nuisance.  She managed to ask a single question about the girls, and one about Joni, and managed a disparaging remark about me having gone to Mass last night.

I know we're meant to love family unconditionally, but still...

Sigh.

Merry Christmas to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment