Sunday 18 December 2011

Updating the last few days

Sorry it‘s been a few days since the last update.

It‘s been a full couple of days. Friday was busy as usual and included a run-in with my boss over yet another error. Nothing fatal; just stupid. So that was uncomfortable and gave me the feeling of having let the side down. Again. The late afternoon was my sections Christmas function, which I wasn‘t really in the right headspace for after last Friday‘s exercise. But, I went along and genuinely enjoyed it! So, yay for persistence!

Saturday morning I spent studying a few points of American law, and also got to skype with Mrs T and the girls which was great.  I had to drive out to Highett to sell a fridge from the house to a chap. He was casting covetous eyes over the contents of our storage unit, and may make an offer on some of the other things. Then, back to the city for a couple of hours at the office, somewhat productively.

Today I slept too late, although after the last week I felt it was good that the body got a chance to rest. I did a load of laundry, ironed my shirts, and tried to drive to USA Foods at Moorabbin. This is because I‘ve said I‘ll fry a turkey for my tribe for Christmas. I needed butter marinade and seasonings. Unfortunately I hit heavy traffic and before I was half way, could see I wouldn‘t make it before they closed. So, I turned around and made my way back to tge city (and, embarassingly, got lost on the way - I have the world‘s crappiest sense of direction!) and (you guessed it) went to the office again. Productive, and I also got a chance to log onto Amazon to arrange the girls and Mrs T‘s Christmas presents. I really hope they like them. And, I hopped onto the USA Foods site and ordered the seasonings for the turkey. Unfortunately they‘re not selling the butter marinade, so I‘ll need to make that from scratch. I have no idea what I‘ll do for the injector.

Oh, and I also got sprung at the office on Sunday evening by my other boss. I now look either very diligent or very desperate.

And now here I am on the tram back to the sharehouse. It‘s after midnight and raining. And yet, I feel kind of good tonight. Maybe foolishly, but I‘ll take what I can get.

See you all tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment