Sunday 4 December 2011

I still got it.

So the photo is where I am as I start this post: the Bourke Street Mall. I‘m about two blocks from my usual stop because I needed to go to a supermarket in the CBD for some groceries.

It‘s been a big couple of days. Friday a bunch of people in my section got promoted, so Friday night drinks were especially festive. My last memory of the night is walking in the general direction of Collins Street. My next memory is waking up fully dressed on my bed at 5:30am. I have no idea how I got home.

Saturday I felt pretty ordinary for obvious reasons. I chugged 3 litres if water which rehydrated me, but even so... The first job of the day was to drive to Campbellfield to sell the swing for scrap. I was feeling genuinely awful when I got out there and decided it was because my stomach was close to empty, and the rice I had with me seemed too lacking in nutritional value to make it happier, so I made my way to Hungry Jacks (Burger King for my American readers). I‘ve been avoiding fast food lately, because money‘s been a bit tight, but this was effectively a medicinal Double Whopper. Hurray for rationalization. That duty done, I kind of figured I‘d earned some time off after running that trial this week, so I went back to the city and wandered the National Gallery for about an hour and a half, then went to the office and did some work from 6:00pm-11:30pm. Productive. Then back to the house.

I was pleased with myself for today. I got up at a respectable hour, did a load of laundry, ironed my shirts for the week and (best of all) got to skype with Mrs T. Then, to the office from about 12:30-6:30 and made significant progress, I think. After I left the office I picked up groceries as aforesaid. I‘ve often thought one of my few good qualities is that I can live on not much - essentially, that I can manage a weeks groceries on $25 or less. This evening I didn‘t quite manage that feat, but I got close. I still got it!

I‘m finishing this post in bed now. I‘d love to say I had some brilliant insight to share, but I don‘t. I just hope this is a good week.

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment