Friday 23 November 2012

Catch and Re-Lease

Hi everyone,

I'm beginning this Saturday mornng post on the tram. As I said yesterday, I'm in town this weekend for work. I'm on the tram right now, and for my first coffee of the day I've promised myself something fun from Starbucks.

I'm also declaring it an exercise rest-day.  However, the self improvement bug is to be satisfied this evening by tidying my room at the casa. At the moment it looks like a scene from Hoarders - a boatload of old newspapers and scraps of paper and odds and ends.  I'll also do a couple of loads of laundry and get groceries.  I should make it look good since I've just agreed to lease it for a further six months.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

OK, I'm at the office now.  I settled on a gingerbread latte from the good folks at Starbucks.  I can assure you it's up to standard indeed!


What I was about to say just before was that I'm tinkering with the idea of decorating my room for Christmas.  The part of me that wants to be part of the decorating buzz is at odds with the part of me that knows space is at a premium.  It probably sounds a bit lame, and a bit at odds with being a guy at all, but I actually like all the Hallmark card stuff.  I like being able to put on some Amy Grant or Bing Crosby and put a shot of rum in a hot chocolate and write cards and all.  Which reminds me - if you're reading this and want to go on my card list this year, shoot me your address to sdtuc2@gmail.com.  Those of you who know me know I love nothing more than sending mail!

And, I just got the news on twitter that LSU chewed up the Arkansas Razorbacks!  The Thanksgiving LSU-Arkansas game was the first college football game I ever saw (in 2005).  I'm taking this as a good omen.


Well, I guess I should post this and get on with reading this file and cranking out an advice.  Hope you're all well and happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment