Wednesday 21 November 2012

Wednesday already??

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been a little patchy with the blogging the last few days.  As you can probably tell from the title, it's been an incredibly busy couple of days, between working flat-out during the day and exercising a lot during the evenings.  The exercise is partly for health reasons and also because it seems to give me a good kick-along during the day.  Kind of, run the brain to empty at the office, then go and pump some fresh blood into it in the evening and recharge it.  All of which is great but does mean I haven't written anything more than a very short - and I suspect abortive - history piece about the recent demise of the town of Quitman, Missouri.  On the plus side, one of my news alerts told me of pending changes to the Oklahoma workers compensation laws, which has prompted me to send an email to a legislatrix there seeking further information and which might, perhaps, offer me the chance to get my name out there and keep building the contacts.  As I see it, it's critical I keep moving forward with the move plan and don't let it drift.  I don't want Grace and Rachel to think I'm over here because I don't care about them.  I want them, when they're old enough to understand, to know I came across as fast as energy, earnings, and a somewhat restrictive skill-set could achieve it.

This evening's exercise was swimming at Melbourne City Baths, to give my legs a workover and also not to pound the crap out of my knees.  I got to a new record of 46 laps (1380 metres).  If it hadn't been near closing time I think I could have got to the mile!  Well, next time.

I'm pleased to report - and a little surprised - that the attitudinal change I blogged about the other week  appears, genuinely, to have stuck.  I've never felt this durable before in my entire life, or this settled, or as comfortable inside my skin.  I'm struggling for a simile here.  It's as if, having worn a too-small wetsuit for year, that crushed your muscles and restricted your breathing and wouldn't let you stand straight, you'd finally taken it off, and felt the sun on your skin and your joints free up and your lungs fill, as strong and free as a Mallee bull.  I guess I sound like a broken record, but I wish Joni could see me like this, and not like I was when I was falling apart.  Well, no point brooding over it.

I should close this and go and have a shower and wash this chlorine off and get some sleep.  Thankfully tomorrow is an appointment and meeting free day, which is just as well - two advices to crank out and a Mount Everest of medical records to wade through.  Starbucks card on standby!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment