Sunday 25 November 2012

Lunch update

Hi everyone,

Here I am rattling off a lunchtime post.  How are we all doing?  I've just finished lunch and I'm trying to fire up to draft an advice in a matter where I really have nothing but bad news to share with the client.  And that's just sad.  I don't have the cheek to suggest we try and get the other side cryogenically frozen.


Patchy night's sleep last night - I've got to stop getting my exercise in after 9pm because it means you're still a bit pumped up when you're trying to turn in.  I don't think I was actually asleep until about 1:30am and then woke up at 4am because I'd set the alarm on my phone to 4am last week in a flush of enthusiasm and had forgotten to turn it off.  I was having trouble getting back to sleep so I got up and watched about 30 minutes of Good Morning America before sleeping again.


This morning's seen me in Court for a couple of mentions - I would have sent our trainee like I usually do, but I was expecting one of them to involve an argument about costs.  As it turned out, it didn't, and the trip to court is always kind of fun - you get to see all these people you know and like.  Mentiones done, back here to redraft a defence and settle an advice for tomorrow's hearing.

So there you have it: my day so far.  I'm trying to think of something good to do in the spirit of "25 days of Christmas" through December.  Anyone have any suggestions, aside from playing Amy Grant music and A Charlie Brown Christmas on a loop?  I refuse to spend the month wringing my hands and saying "poor poor me" - especially after I did a Christmas-card list yesterday and realised that, even allowing for the names I guess I have to remove from it given my circumstances, it's still a comfortingly long st of names.  So, any suggestions people?

OK, brew up the coffee: I need to pound out this advice.

More later.

4 comments:

  1. "playing Amy Grant music and A Charlie Brown Christmas on a loop"...that made me laugh. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Now heading over to check yours out!

      Delete
  2. Hi I am following you from the Pointing Up hop and enjoyed reading this post. to me ... just listening to the carols on the radio really get me in the spirit.
    I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/family-traditions.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading over to check your blog out right now!

      Delete