Monday 12 November 2012

Tuesday morning update

Hi everyone,

Starting this update on the tram on a Tuesday morning. Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. I was on kind of a roll at the office, so I didn't leave till about 10:15pm, which meant when I got back to the casa there was time to make a couple of chicken and tomato sandwiches, have a shower and call it a day.

Yesterday was intense at work: some fairly tight deadlines we're working within.

Still feeling pretty good after Sunday‘s run, and if I'd had time yesterday I'd either have gone for a run or gone swimming.  In any case I got out some static exercises this morning and God willing will have the time to go swim this evening.  Or alternatively, be home early enough to cook up something with the burgers and sweet potato I have at the casa.  Either would be good.  I got an email yesterday from the run organisers telling me they had photos of me if I wanted to buy them.  Pretty incredible they can track all that for 15,000.00 people.  If you're wondering what a tubby pale thirty-something lawyer looks like in running gear, this is it!

I skyped with the girls Saturday night, and they just get prettier and more smart. And they act like they'll be good sisters to each other too as time rolls by: a little fighting, but also looking out for each other as well.  I was missing them Sunday so I messaged Joni and we made a time for Sunday night as well.  Grace knows to say “I love you Daddy“ at the end of a call, and both she and Rachel then blow me a small hurricane of kisses. :)

On the “getting closer to them“ front I found a web thing yesterday that draws radii on a map and and found out what States are within an 800 mile radius of the town they're in, this distance being approximately a 12 hour drive.  It turns out I should start looking for work in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Georgia or South Carolina, with options on southern Illinois, southern Indiana and western North Carolina.  If any of you know of anything, let me know!.

Ok; getting near my stop. I‘ll edit this and post it at the office as the blogger app messes up punctuation.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment