Wednesday 20 May 2015

Cooling down

Hi everyone,

Hoping I can post this before my battery dies.  Cooler day today and it was a bit of an effort to get moving.

Kicked off the day by taking the dog fur a walk.  I'm kind of fascinated by a sign in one of the power poles here: it's an old style one - SEC for the (now disbanded) State Electricity Commission, and HV for "high voltage".  I get fascinated by weird things, no?


I had to come back to the house and attend to a few things, and after lunch the dog and I went back down the paddock to move a stray calf down the fence line and through a gate to get him back with his mother.


As you can see, when he got back to her he'd gotten just a bit hungry!


Back to the house to give it a cleanup.  I'd listened to Books and Arts on ABC Radio National in the morning so I was mostly composing another blogpost in my head as I did so. Not sure whether this did or did not help with taking the  glass on the wood heater from this ...


... to this ...


Parental units returned from the south today. The old boy went back to harrowing so I took the opportunity for some cycling - as threatening as the clouds look there's only been a trifling shower.


Applied for a couple more jobs - cleaning and labouring.  But, I have a germ of an idea forming.  One must keep trying.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment