Saturday 23 May 2015

Outdoors day

Hi everyone,

Today turned out to be a more productive day than I expected.

The morning itself was pretty slow: I had a few things to do inside and Muchael and I were both kind of killing time waiting for the old boy to finish harrowing after a bit of a fight to get the Chamberlain tractor going.  About the only thing of any significance I did was to punch a new hole in my belt to stop my trousers falling down. Healthy living probs!  I couldn't find a leather punch, so I made do with a centre punch, a dollying  hammer and a sawhorse with holes bored in it.  Classy or what?


Just before lunch I took it into my head to make some cornbread, of which more in my next post.

Lunch rolled around and afterwards Michael and pulled three of the wheels off of his backhoe for replacement (in Shepparton).  The sun had well and truly come out and it was a beautiful autumn afternoon.

Later in the afternoon we got the calves and cows in again for another bout of antiscour medication. Think the calf will be ok by tomorrow.


Much excitement when we went to get the seed spreader off of the truck.  We were getting the straps and chains off it while the old boy went to get the backhoe. There was a very loud BANG from the shed and Michael and I scurried in to find the backhoe's battery had exploded!  No damage, but there was then a longish delay as we sourced another battery and leads to fit it.  As you can see, it was a decent explosion:


Battery issues sorted, we lifted the spreader down and I gave the dog one last walk.


Not much else to night.  Got an early night tonight and looking forward some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment