Sunday 17 May 2015

Wood and running

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how long this run of good weather can possibly last.  Being able to work outside without a pullover on is all kinds of good.

I tackled some computer stuff in the morning, applying for jobs and updating my Goodreads account. Jobs are actually promising: as well as the usual labouring work, some more legal jobs are showing up including one with Australian Red Cross for which I might be a prospect.  I am hopeful.

Once I'd attended to this, Michael and I got into cutting up a pile of timber for firewood which had been drying out for about 6 months.


I have no desire to end up as deaf as the old boy and so I grabbed some earplugs from my SES gear and also the glasses that were a keepsake from the VP&ES Games the other month.  Sunnies turn out to rather suit me!


The only thing that I hadn't counted on was that as we were cutting up hardwood, it generated a fine sawdust that hung in the air and that you breathed in. For a while I was even tempted to go and get my P2 mask!

Anyway, it too us about two hours to convert this ...


... to this ...


... and ultimately to this -


All up, probably about six week's wood I think.

After lunch I had some time spare and I squeezed in a much needed run - I think it's my first since Lismore. I was thinking about 10kms but my legs felt great and strong and it wound up being about 15.5 kms at just under(!) 6 mins/km which I'm very pleased about. As you can see, conditions were perfect!


I got back just as the sun was hitting the horizon.  Took the dog for a quick walk and held a calf down so the poor thing could be given some Scourban. The old boy doesn't think it'll survive; my instinct is it will. I guess we'll see.


Not much else to report.  Will possibly write a review of Catching Milat tomorrow although not I'm sure it's worth it: truly awful tv!

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment