Saturday 2 May 2015

NSW Deployment - day 3A

Hi everyone,

I'm typing these further updates of day 3 a day late: when I fell into bed last night I was knackered (and, maybe, a bit drunk).

As mentioned, there was plenty of rain overnight and plenty of water on the ground come the day. Some of it was pooling of water you could have expected: sporting fields, for example -



... and a car park that I think is designed to double as a retarding basin -


After I posted the Day 3 update I put my hand up for a recce / sightseeing tour with a member from Lismore City SES.  The river was at that point still rising:


It kept rising through the day and was steadily cutting off roads though the district as the day wore on -


This photo is a good example: the following photo was taken about midday. By the time we came back from the last job of the day the water was lapping at the bottom of the "Water on Road" sign:


There was another job to go to when we got back from the recce - I'll cover that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment