Tuesday 5 May 2015

Under a full moon

Hi everyone,

Typing this on a phone that is quite a bit happier than usual: I transferred the 1000-odd photos I had on the phone to computer.

It hasn't been an easy day to be excited about: I think it's the full moon, but the blue devils had their hooks into me for a big whack of the day.

Anyway, the morning was spent at Violet Town stringing fencing wire at Michael's place so we can move the heifers into a better paddock.


As we were finishing up, the strong winds that SES had sent a warning about arrived.  This brought epic clouds of dust from recently turned fields - enough to blot out bits of the landscape.

In the afternoon I tried to get to jobseeking but couldn't focus my mind on the task, which was annoying. In order to do something I sent off my application to join the Australian Red Cross - partly because it offers the prospects of training, volunteering and networking, but mostly because if I learned anything in Lismore, it's how much I love volunteering and helping people and having a purpose. There's more I could say, but that'll do for the moment.

Took the dog on a good long walk in the afternoon. The wind was still blowing strongly - enough force a scrap of material from Lord-knows-where against our ringlock fence by pressure alone:


Wind notwithstanding, the recent rain has given us new grass that hopefully will grow enough to get us through winter.


Not much else to report. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment