Saturday 30 May 2015

Setting things up.

Hi everyone,

It's been another odds and ends day here.  I started the day by wading through some backlogged emails from the last few days, and then started setting up the tablet Telstra has sold me as part of a new phone plan.

I took a break from this to attend to a few of the animals - topping up the heifers' molasses, and giving the bull his rations of hay, triticale and cornmeal.  Usefully, it turns out the dog is partial to cornmeal too!


Worked with the old boy in the afternoon trying to assess whether one of the older wells on the place can still be pumped effectively.  How old is the well?  As it's brick-lined, I'm guessing reasonably old.


Part of the problem was with the pump, which has run dry a few times and the bowl of which is likely to have become distorted somewhat.  Happily we had another to replace it with.


Annoyingly, the old boy still assumes anyone working with him is an idiot.  After being told for 20 years never to let PVC pipe get kinked, it's exasperating to be reminded yet again as if you're an idiot.  Gripe over.


Took the dog for a moderate walk in the late afternoon in the surprisingly golden light.  The sky was a little red, although the weather bureau says there could be rain tomorrow.


Not much else to note.  Will need to do some prep work for Monday tomorrow.  It must say something about me as a runner that since I knew I'd landed this job, I've been thinking about races to enter.  The Wonderland trail run in the Grampians looks good!

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment