Friday 29 May 2015

Me and a rototiller...

Hi everyone,

I got to sleep a bit late last night and slept a bit late this morning.  Happily, though, I was still able to get to Daryl the Gardener's by 9am for work.

He'd arranged to hire a rotortiller to turn the soil in anticipation of laying turf in Monday.


Once at the job, it took a little messing around to get the blades down far enough to turn the actual soil. This was how things looked while I was doing the actual tilling:


We got finished and took the tiller back to near the hiring depot, where there's a car wash with a high pressure hose.


Here endeth my career as a gardener's labourer!

I had a few errands to run in town which I went and attended to, before picking up lunch at the supermarket in the firm of an avocado, some cherry tomatoes and dried figs.  While I was getting around I had to take a photo of the postmodern spire of Christ the King church!


The remains of the day were a bit quiet.  A long walk with the dog was the most notable part.  I had to share, though.this picture my friend Stephanie put up on Facebook (ultimately it belongs to AmEx).  It says it all about being a runner! 


Hope all is well for you. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment