Tuesday 12 May 2015

Interviews ... Not for a job.

Hi everyone,

Another day of not seemingly achieving anything today.  Mildly annoying.

The day started with setting up the spike harrows to put over the ploughed paddock, and the giving the dog a short walk.  At about 10am I had a shave and a cleanup and put in my SES uniform to go to Tatura for the interview I'd agreed to do with the local Channel 10 Weeknights for National Volunteers Week.


I have to say, the interview wasn't a colossal success.  The journo was a lovely young lady who didn't ask anything unreasonable; however I learned that even though I can talk like a 5'10" Chatty Cathy when I'm in court, when I'm in front if a camera I gibber like the village idiot.  Lord knows what it'll look like on TV.  Truth be told, I'm a little worried about someone seeing it and knowing where to find me: one of the drawbacks of being a litigation lawyer in a regional area is that you share a community with a certain number of people who you know hate your guts.


After the interview I went to Shepparton for a few things including the Weekly Times and the local paper.  I saw something that kind of startled me at the entry to a payday-lender's offices.  This is their doorway -


Right at the bottom of the door, in the most inconspicuous place possible, was this sign -


Some businesses are truly vultures.

While I was in town I bought a couple of cucumbers and some dried figs and called them lunch. By then it was about 3pm and I attended to some personal matters as the afternoon wore on.  The dog and I took a walk in the setting sun; it was just too cold to run or cycle.


Not much else to add.  Weather is getting cold here.  >sigh< Not looking forward to another long winter in the Goulburn Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment