Friday 29 May 2015

Hosanna!!

Hi everyone,

Wonderful news: I have a job!!!

I got a call from the local irrigation water authority this afternoon asking me to send them a copy of my birth certificate, academic record and drivers licence.  I asked why.  They said you got the job and we need to draw up your contract!  I was amazed: I hadn't heard anything and had assumed I hadn't been selected.  The role is that of a legal officer with them.  I'd better spend some quality time getting on top of the Water Act 2009!  Very thrilled by this: I feel like I can get my life back on track again!

Otherwise, it was an orderly day: fed the cattle some more large bales of straw hay and topped up their molasses.


Also topped up the bull's feeder with oaten hay ...


... and a mix of triticale and cornmeal.  He seems to like cornmeal, which is good as we have a lot if it.


To the Rushworth property in the afternoon to retrieve some batteries and cables that are needed here.  Depressing how much crap is building up over there. The wheel of development always seems to trend towards redneck.


SES training in the evening (maintenance night).  Tired tonight - have some work for Daryl the Gardener arranged for tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. SUPER AWESOME news about the job, Stephen! I am looking forward to hearing about it and am totally thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete