Friday 4 December 2015

Road Crash Rescue revision: Chapter Four "Responding to a Call"

Hi everyone,
[Explanation from the first post in this series] I’ve been posting questions on Facebook Notes to help both me and my friends prepare for our “Road Crash Rescue Operator” assessment.  It struck me that a lot of the questions would have essentially universal answers, and that it could be interesting to compare notes where the answers aren’t universal.  So, I’ll run a series of posts setting out the questions that I’ve prepared – after they’ve been up for a while I’ll put the questions in the comments.
The questions are all drawn from the Country Fire Authority / State Emergency Service’s Road Rescue Learning Manual (2nd Ed., Melbourne, 2008).
And now, today’s questions:

In an urban road rescue, what time is the maximum ideal for a casualty to be attended to post accident?
How should a vehicle, driving under Emergency Vehicle Status, approach a stop or give way sign?
Ideally, how far should a rescue vehicle be parked from the scene of a crash?
A rescue vehicle will ideally be parked upwind or downwind of an accident scene?
The SES’s primary call out system is the pager network or BART?

No comments:

Post a Comment