Tuesday 10 July 2012

ABC of Me

Hi everyone,

Today's been fairly uneventful, so rather than waffle about what file I was wading through and what I had for lunch, I'm stealing an idea from my friend Heather over at Chasing Butterflies and doing ABCs of me.  Enjoy!

A. Age: 34

B. Bed size: Presently single.  See my bio for the reasons why.

C. Chore you dislike: Laundry [I live in a share house with a pay-washer, so you have to (a) fight for access to the machine and (b) save up dollar coins in order to be able to use the damn thing]

D. Dogs: No.  I want a basset hound.  All the iconic looks of a beagle, but with little bitty legs!

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee (cliché I know)

F. Favorite colors: Blue and white

G. Gold or silver: I need more context.

H. Height: 5'10"

I. Instruments you play(ed): None at all.  Attempts by my sisters to teach me the piano usually lasted about three minutes.

J. Job title: Lawyer (and wannabe historian!)

K. Kids: Beautiful little twin daughters called Grace and Rachel.

L. Live: Melbourne, Australia (key cultural feature: if you live here for a while and watch how people dress, you discover that there are 50 different shades of black.  Seriously, wearing black is a real Melbourne thing)

M. Mom’s name: Judith

N. Nicknames: Tucky ... Steve ... That idiot over there ...

O. Overnight hospital stays: Overnight with my wife at the hospital a number of times when our girls were born

P. Pet peeves: People saying "I've got the flu" when all they've got is a freaking cold!

Q. Quote from a movie: "Round up the usual suspects"

R. Righty or lefty: Context?   Handedness? Politics?  First leg of trousers in the morning?

S. Siblings: Three sisters

T. Time you wake up: Later than I should do.

U. Underwear: Boxer shorts.  I'm of the firm view that life is about knowing how to be relaxed.

V. Vegetables you don’t like: Weirdly, I can't think of any I don't like.  Although that may be because it's getting on for dinner time.

W. What makes you run late: See answer to T.

X. X-rays you’ve had: Largely dental.  Although I had a brain scan about 10 years ago.  It was able to establish the presence but not activity thereof.  Although the discovery of a brain inside my head might go some way to proving Ludwig Boltzmann's theory about entropy (if you don't get the reference, google the phrase "Boltzmann brain".  Seriously, do it – it's a pretty cool concept!).

Y. Yummy food you make: Smothered hamburgers

Z. Zoo animal you like: Elephants!  They look majestic, and you look at their heads and think: they never forget.  Just before you think, what the Hell do they have to remember?  When the gas bill is due?  Where they parked the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment