Monday 30 July 2012

Couple of days update

Hi everyone,

Sorry I‘ve been AWOL for a few days.

It‘s late, and I should write more than I‘m going to. By way of recap -

* I spent the weekend at the parents place. Dad had been waiting to have an extra set of legs to move cattle back from Mt Martha, so I spent a big whack of Sunday chasing cattle through the rain-sodden paddocks there. Anyway, it all got done, and Dad was pleased. Mum and Dad are both doing well.

* I caught up with Dad again this evening for the AGM of a club we‘re in. The AGM gets a bit sadder every year. Average age of members has to be about 70 y.o. and some do seem to have an ever more slender grip on what‘s happening. The guy seated in front of me had his phone ring partway through the AGM and took the freaking call. The fact that he was also wearing the sort of hat last seen adorning General Custer? That just made him look like an even bigger tool.

* The line of research I mentioned last week is taking shape. Watch this space.  In other writing news, I have a draft piece targetted at Catholic Weekly to settle, and a piece perhaps for the Border Mail in mind.

Ok, I guess that‘s enough for now. Sorry this is lacklustre - feeling a little underpowered. More tomorrow.

See you then

No comments:

Post a Comment