Friday 27 July 2012

Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday...

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know I have a bad habit of sleeping though my alarm clock ... and though the subsequent alarm on my phone.

Today brought the unexpected revelation that I could get to work really early if I obeyed my alarm. That is, I woke up when the alarm sounded at 6am, didn‘t go back to sleep, and as I was awake, decided I may as well go to work. This saw me at work significantly earlier than usual. I know this shouldn‘t be a revelation, but there you have it.

The morning wasn‘t actually as productive as I wanted it to be. I was kind of strughling to focus and feeling a little burnt out. I got done what I wanted to for the day, but that was about it.

I went for lunch at the Colonial Hotel where I caught up with Sophie, an ex housemate who‘s in town for a few daus, which was a fun catch up

Afted work I called the folks and checked that it suited them for me to come down at the weekend. Printed a couple of WW1 records I‘d promised to get for Dad, and came back here via the store for some foodstuffs.  BUCKETING with rain on way back. Made fettucine with tuna, corn spears and cheese sauce for dinner.

Wasn‘t able to skype as Joni had to work. Hopefully will be able to do so at the weekend.

Read article for new research udea which is taking shape. It has promise.  Forgot to say that I saw an article in the American Bar Association Journal this morning re the activities of the ABA Task Force on Foreign Law in State Courts. This is one of my pet interests, so I‘ve today emailed the chairman to find out if I can get involved. Let‘s see!

Hope all your days are good.

See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment