Wednesday 25 July 2012

And another idea

Hi everyone,

Blogging from the phone tonight (aircard is in need of financial encouragement).

It‘s been an interesting day. For my sins I overslept and was barely on time for work. Still, I got there and that‘s the thing. Most (about 6 hours) of the say was spent wading through a weekly payments stress claim. The worker is genuinely messed up, but from their past history, working with the defendant was just about the least traumatic experience they ever had.

I got out at lunch time and went to the discount bookshop over the road. I broke my bookatorium and decided I‘d earned a new book. It came to a photo finish between a book on the solving of Poincare‘s conjecture and Union 1812 (history of the early American republic). In the end I went with Union 1812. Which reminds me: I have the glimmering of an idea for a historical article. No details yet, but the target journal would be the William & Mary Quarterly. Details as it develops.

Back at the Casa by 8:00pm. Dinner was fettucine hamburgers (2 hamburgers made of toast and cheap burger patties, with sliced pumpkin, carrots and onions, then covered over with fettucine dressed with olive oil and black pepper). If you guessed the guiding theme of dinner was “clear the odds and ends out of the fridge“, you guessed right. Still, it would make a good theme for an episode of Iron Chef. I can kind of imagine Chairman Kaga saying “tonight‘s theme ingredient is: odds and ends from the fridge because I couldn‘t be stuffed driving to Safeways“ [gasps from the crowd, giggling from Keiko, excited commentary from Fukui and Ota].

After the I-coodabeen-an-Iron-Chef dinner I came back up here. Had a couple of glasses of wine and read for a while. Then shave, shower and now, blogging.

So I guess that‘s it for the day. Hope all your days are good too!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment