Tuesday 3 July 2012

Being a twit...

Hi everyone,

Here I am again, blogging from the laptop before turning in.

It's been a productive day.  I was out of bed later than I'd intended this morning, which meant that this morning I got to work before 9am, but unshaven and unshowered, which I view as a less than optimal state of affairs. My skin is never satisfied.  If I shave, it spends the day irritated, if it isn't either (a) scaly or (b) bleeding.  And if I don't, it spends the day itchy and flaking.  Awesome or what?

The day itself was productive.  I've got my first (as in, my own first) serious injury file up and running, and got another couple of files underway.  I even did something I've never done before and went out at 12 noon to get coffee with a friend who might be a potential client.  This is unusual for me: I've always been terrified at both my previous jobs to leave my desk except to go to the toilet or the coffee machine, unless it's outside hours or lunch hour.  What is this?  Have I suddenly discovered I have a spine?  A sense of independence?  A pair?  When did I suddenly become a normal human being?  God be praised for normalcy!!!

I left the office a bit later than usual (about 7:30ish) as I was doing some admin work as well as teeing up a publication issue and rattling off a quick column for a paper in Iowa which I think has merit (the column, not the paper; I have no opinion about the paper itself!).  Tried smothering sausages for dinner with potato, onion and zucchini.  The vegetables went OK but it didn't do much for the sausages, save that they were very juicy (although I suspect that was mostly molten fat).  Watched some of Simon Schama on the Power of Art.  Had a shower, a shave, and now blogging and bed.  Sorry my life's not more exciting!

Oh yeah - and I finally bit the bullet and joined the twitter age.  If you want to follow me, I'm @sdtuc2 .

I guess that's all.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment