Saturday 7 July 2012

... until you can hear the voices of the past.

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick little “I‘m not dead“ to say sorry about the erratic posting lately. It‘s been an intense week for a heap of reasons, and there‘s been a certain amount on my mind. Although it‘s at these times you find friends indeed, so all things considered I still feel like a pretty lucky man.

Anyway, today I did indeed spend at the State Library researching for a short article I‘ll try to draft tomorrow, re the British occupation of Maine in the War of 1812. I was doing the historian‘s thing if reading till you can hear the voices of the past, and afterwards took my personal crowd of generals and admirals, writers and politicians to Starbucks to try and synthesize it all into something intelligent. I managed to winnow out a few bad ideas and think I see what I need to say. So, yay Starbucks!

I made a simple dinner of buttered noodles, reheated chicken soup and green tea and then came up here. Some reading and TV. I washed mt bedsheets today, so bed feels extra good!

See you tomorrow.



1 comment: