Sunday 8 July 2012

Hi everyone,

Somewhat quick post tonight.  Sorry - I got bogged down in writing the article I was researching for yesterday.

It's been a day in moderation I guess you'd say.  I did some laundry in the morning here and then headed in to the office to get some work done about 10:30am.  I worked reasonably effectively and didn't take too many breaks, so it was productive.  For the first time it occurred to me that from my window in can see, in effect, straight back up the Yarra Valley, and that made me think of Joni and the times we took the girls up there early in 2011.  Why can't we make time stand still?  Why???

I was going to put a few photos of such a trip up at this stage, but Blogger is being unhelpful and won't load them.  Sorry!

I wrapped up the work I wanted to do by 5:30 and went to evening Mass at St Francis'.  I toyed with the idea of going to the Cathedral, but I was more in the mood St Francis' plaster and timber-lined intimacy than the Cathedral's stony grandeur.  It was a VERY full service - literally packed - and I was trying to remember if I'd forgotten a day of obligation!

After Mass I came back here, made dinner and ironed my shirts for the week.  I wrote the first draft
of the article aforesaid, and now, blogging before bed.  It's been too cold this week to go running (especially after the knee issues last Saturday).  God, I hope this week is a bit warmer so I can get back on the wagon (or, rather, the Nikes).

Hope things are good with all of you too.

See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment