Wednesday 4 July 2012

Will Ferrell and Carpet Burns


Hi everyone,

I blame Will Ferrell for my failure to be productive this evening.

I'll come to that in a minute.

Today's been a full day.  The morning and afternoon were spent on two files that are coming up for reviews in the next week or two.  Lunch I met with a financial planner from the bank.  I was going to send Joni a summary of the information I gained but I left the paperwork at the office, so I'll do that tomorrow.  Suffice to say it was a font of useful information.

By 6:30pm my brain had run out of absorptive capacity and came back here.  I had dinner reasonably early (for me) and then came back up here by about 9pm.  I  had big plans.  I had a shave and a shower early, and then I was going to do some research and draft up a couple of short essays.  So the ablutive part of the plan went off without a hitch.

Did I then set down to activities historical?  No.

Did I channel surf for a few seconds and get stuck on "Step Brothers"?  Yes.

Did I laugh hysterically at the Judd Apatow job interview scene?  Yes.

Did I laugh hysterically at the Judd Apatow job interview scene while I had a mouthful of water which I partially inhaled causing me to spend what felt like a really long time writhing on the floor gasping for air like a landed fish?  Yes.

Do I now have carpet burns on my forehead as a result of the foregoing?  Yes.

If anyone knows how the Hell I'll explain carpet burns on my forehead at work tomorrow, please let me know.

And now it's 11:30pm.  I've failed to do anything of value with the evening, and I'm going to bed with a ton of disinfectant and moisturizer on my forehead.  I'm not sure how I should feel about today, but pride isn't registering!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Good luck with the carpet burns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, no one asked at work. I spent last night lurking in my room at the sharehouse rather than explain to my flatmates!

      Delete