Thursday 23 April 2015

A calf in boots!

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what to make of today. I came in under my calorie goal on MyFitnessPal somehow; it's a miracle to me as I think I was pretty stupid idle all day.

To recap, I spent a big whack of the late morning and midday on the computer preparing for a job interview in Wodonga tomorrow and attending to a few other things.  Michael arrived along about 11am.

I think the most striking thing for the day was an exercise in bovine orthopaedics.  One of the calves who was born a few days ago has been walking with its back hooves bent under its feet. Imagine walking on the front part of your ankle. Most likely this is because it's a big calf and would have been cramped up pre-birth, and the tendons haven't acquired their proper tension. To save him injuring himself this afternoon I crash-tackled him and Dad and I held him down while Michael (being an ambulance volunteer) strapped the hooves into their proper position with crepe bandages and tape. The little fellow was walking about right when we left him, and God willing his feet will settle in their right position over the next few days.  He looks most fetching n his silvery coloured boots!



Not much else exciting today. Seminar on radio use at SES training tonight.

Looking forward to telling you about the interview tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment