Thursday 9 April 2015

An excuse...

Hi everyone,

Bit of a blogfail last night, not posting before I crashed out to sleep.  Although honestly I had an excuse.  I was at SES training last night ...

... and then when I got home had a phone conversation about midnight with my lawyer in New Orleans.  Anyway, it feels great to be blogging again and (perhaps more so) to be reading blogs again.  I like knowing how other people are making sense of life, building lives, and giving life meaning.  It somehow makes me feel young (and my strong view is that you're really only as old as you want to be).

I've got the next few days to myself which is great: I wanted a couple of days to lighten my food intake and intensify my workouts - kind of a body purge.  I need to go in to Shepparton this afternoon, and so I'll get a 19km run in on the Goulburn River trail while I'm there.  I've been running on the roads out here almost exclusively of late and I could genuinely do with a change of scenery.  Despite a half-inch of rain a few days ago, the country around here is still very dry ...

...  and the dams are low ...

... which gets a bit wearisome after a time.

Things are looking up on the work front.  I have an "in" on a possible bank job at Wodonga for which I'll need to tailor my CV fairly precisely over the weekend.  And there's a sniff of a production worker job at Strathmerton as well (well, why not?  Albert Camus sold car parts; Pope Francis was a bouncer: good enough for them, good enough for me).  Truth be told, neither job is my heart's desire - my heart's desire invariably involves not being more than a few hours travel from my girls - but as we all know, one's present tense is not the same as one's permanent future.

Will write more later today - I have a CV to buff!

No comments:

Post a Comment