Sunday 26 April 2015

Mo' labour mo' muscle...

Hi everyone,

Typing this on my phone before I flake out.

Shortly after I finished the preceding post, Michael showed up. We spent the next couple of hours rejuvenating a fence on his place, he tasking me with removing an expanse of ringlock from the line. This was a fiddly job of cutting wire and manipulating it to free it.  This post reflects what I had to untangle each end to get it free -


Anyway, I got it all off and rolled it up. This was what the end product looked like - 


I repeated the exercise with the length of old broken down barbed wire and ended up with something that looked like a colossal Crown of Thorns!


The wire attended to, we moved on to driving steel posts in next to the old posts to bring the fence back into line


The posts themselves were a mixed bag: the old style cut from a single piece of eucalypt with the wire threaded through.  That said, they were old and the white ants had eaten into some of them. 


I headed back to my place about 4pm, then over to the property at Nagambie to bring the steers in to go south tomorrow.

Oh, and we have a small calf with trouble feeding, so we're bringing his mother into the crush and holding her in place so he can get a drink from her.  Tried to get a photo but phone died.

Have some paid labouring work with a gardener lined up tomorrow.  Truly looking forward to it.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment