Wednesday 15 April 2015

A rainy morning - hooray!

Hi everyone,

There are meant to be pictures with this post, but my blogger app seems to have eaten them. Unfortunately I have only one bar of reception so I can't really re-upload them just now. So, forgive me for offering just words.

It's been a good day all up.  Rain from a couple of heavy showers in the morning. There was thunder and lightening but not really a storm. A total of a bit over 5mm rain for today. It all helps

The rain meant I spent a chunk of the day wading though backlogged emails and typing a few things.  The rain had cleared by afternoon so we fed out a couple of large square bales of hay -


and set up the gates to give the newly calved cows as much grazing space as possible.


I was able to get a tapering run in in the late afternoon.  Felt good and strong although I started out feeling a bit stiff and underpowered


The sun was below the horizon when I was on my return journey.  The sunset painted things a gorgeous set of pastel colours but didn't include much red.  This gives hopes for the chances of rain to come.  Fingers crossed!


Hope your week is going well!



1 comment:

  1. Since we've been growing and feeding hay to our stock, my interest in rain has raised considerably. Good luck with getting enough for your pastures and hay supply. We're having a dry year here in Utah.

    ReplyDelete