Wednesday 29 April 2015

NSW Deployment - day 1

Hi everyone,

Typing this in an SES vehicle bound for Tullamarine airport. I had a call from SES this morning asking me to report to the Benalla office at midday for dispatch to Brisbane and deployment to NSW for storm damage assistance. As best I can tell, I've been allotted to the imposingly named Taskforce Echo-C and to be sent to Lismore.

I'm a little nervous, I'm not going to lie, but also excited. I guess I kind of need this: after feeling like a bit of a loser for some while now it's a relief to do something big, that I can be proud of and that hopefully Grace and Rachel would be proud of their daddy for doing.

Battery's low so I'll post this now. Will try and put updates up in the days ahead and generally tell you what's going on.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment